Friday, September 24, 2010

unexpected photo shoot and my baby camera

On vacation....laying in the sun, no kids, no work, no tv, no phone.... nothing..... just Eric and I enjoying the solitude of the moment and the joy of being together without the hustle and bustle that normally surrounds us on a daily basis. No worries....
We relish the quiet, the solitude, the moment.  One day we decide to eat a quick bite and I decide that we need to take a photo of us in this beautiful place.. you know to remember it all, to prove to each other later that we really were there having a ball.  I whip out my tiny, go to, vacation camera, as I don't take my working camera on vacation... don't want to shoot, don't need to shoot, the baby camera is there just to document the moment for the two of us.  A small framed woman at the neighboring table jumps up and cheerfully offers to snap the memory.  We begin to talk.. we talk for what seems like hours.  Her husband joined us and we talk some more.  They join us for dinner that night and the next night too. At some point, they introduce us to their daughter...a tiny tot who is just a cheerful as her mom and as cute as a button too.
Mom explains during one of our conversations that she is just sick that she forgot her camera at home in Connecticut. She wants to go to Walmart in the neighboring town and get a click camera just to take pictures of her daughter.  Eric looks at me and smiles.  I look the other way and smile.  After about 10 seconds.. it's the photographer in me... I tell her that I'd love to shoot her daughter for her, if she wants me too and directs her to look at my website that night.  The next morning early, she called to arrange "the shoot" and I explained that I only had my baby camera so it would not be the best of shoots but I'd just take some pictures of her.  She was thrilled!

To my surprise.. mom dressed her up in all white and I began the shoot.  We had fun.. laughing, playing and mom and dad even joined in for a few.  She thanked me over and over again and upon our checkout she had  a handmade photo album presented to us by the clerk with a hand written note, once again expressing her gratitude. 

The unexpected photo shoot resulted in some really nice pictures.. even from my baby camera!
Proving to me that it's not the equipment you use, it's the passion that drives the memory! I was taken aback by the results.

Happy Friday Everyone!





No comments: