Wednesday, September 1, 2010

August = A Family Reunion

The days of summer are nearly gone.. the kids are back in school and I am here reflecting on the days gone by.  In preparation for a wedding on Friday (come back soon to see) I came across these photos of our family. I am able to get in front of the camera when my brother, Mike, also a photographer, comes around and I am happy to have yet another photograph of my favorite people.  I don't often blog about my family because I like to keep this on-line journal about my work.. my photography. But in order to get to know me as your wedding photographer, I think it's helpful for you to peek inside of my world.. my head.. my thoughts, if you will, if you are going to trust me in yours for the day.

I am what I am because of God but I exist in a happy place because of my family. They bring me joy and peace everyday! I just love them.

I say all the time, I love spontaneous photos.. not posed.. random.. with mouths open and genuine precious smiles.  Ask any one of them (except dad.. my dad) and they will say they hate themselves in this picture.  I think the picture is simply beautiful because of the warmth of the moment.

Is it me or am i getting shorter than everybody?



My dad.. Eric and the girls!

No comments: