Monday, November 16, 2009

Bitter Sweet

When a new client calls I try to get a feel of what they want based on what they have seen or heard about my work? What is the end result? What are you looking to take away with you from your session? In this case Sandy was really clear.." I saw your slideshow for Margo and I want something like that for my family. I lost my husband about two years ago and I want my family, who can't see us always, to know that the boys I are O.K."
I swallowed hard and told her that I understood.. all the while I knew I wished to make this incredibly special for Sandy, her boys and her loved ones.. Later, when we met she wanted to know if it was possible to incorporate her husband's photo in the slideshow and then showed me his picture. When I told her that I thought I could (I'd do my best), they all smiled and one of the boys whispered a faint "yes!!"


I was relieved and thrilled during the unfolding of the shoot.. From Momma's beautiful smile and spunk, the oldest son's wit and antics to the youngest son's compassion, this family encompassed it all and then some. I learned that they are all driven, kind and musically talented.. even Sandy threw her arms open during one part of the session and bolted sweetly part of a song. I did not hear much but it's clear she can sing.

Sandy.. thanks for putting this in my hands and allowing me the opportunity to get to know you and your your boys.. I hope that this is close to what you envisioned and that it is clear that indeed you and the boys are sooooo very happy together. Your strength is clear. Thanks for allowing me but just a glimpse into your hearts. Your boys are just lovely and it is clear that you love each other dearly. Stepping through the threshold of your front door it was almost palatable..

with out further ado please click here for your slideshow!

What an awesome family!




I like the seriousness of this one although the boys are really very funny! There were no shortages of smiles and laughing throughout the morning..





Sandy singing her song!


1 comment:

michael said...

what an awsomely beautiful family
you could see how proud mom was "I loved it"