Wednesday, August 13, 2008

In the eyes?

I see it all the time and this time was no exception. The hair, the matching bows, the clothes to die for, the perfect location and the sun just right peeking through the trees. Everyone, including my helpers (my kids) are all set to go... then the little one is released from the carseat ready for the day in the park.. they usually take one look at me and my gear, my kids, my props and they peek out of the corner of their eye at their mom and without saying a word, without even a murmur... it's all in the eyes.... Lady.... you have 3 minutes to get this... me, I mean, in all of my two year old-glory and then I will be done...
Oh No!! Don't pull out the gum, candy, pennies and even dollars... Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that you want me to see myself in the back of your camera.. but that does not mean that you will ever see another smile on this face for the next hour... Hey Lady... I'm TWO.. and it is my job to make my mom crazy.
As I try to reassure the mother that I have succeeded in getting the shots, that the little one looks perfect to me, that the smile is really not necessary... that the day is not lost and she will be surprised and happy with the pictures... I look in my cameraback and what I see is simply perfection.. Time and time again. Because you see, the truth behind the perfect shot is not the smile... It is and will always be in the eyes...
Just look at this beauty...



she smiled plenty.. it was just quick and then gone in a flash...


thanks mom.. we got it..

No comments: