Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Making time to Breathe!

So once a year I try my best to get us out of town for a weekend.  Eric and I... just us!  It's usually very stressful getting out of the house but once we are gone we are transported back to 1988 and we are dating again.  We walk around wherever we are pretending that we don't have a care in the world.  Holding hands, walking close and talking without interruption for hours. Depending on the location we have quiet fancy dinners, dancing, swimming in the moonlight, rum punches to die for and lazy mornings. Getting up at 11:00 and even midnight movies are the norm for us. It's amazing how kids change you, your relationship even how you communicate but we hold on to each other tight and we forget that there is a world wind of activities awaiting us when we return.. and I mean as soon as we step in the door, but that is another post.. stay in the moment.... Breathe!!

This weekend is about us... taking it all in and just being present with each other.  Even when the kids were small we would leave.  Capable hands would be there with them.. not to worry, they would be alright.  The first time we returned when Kai was about 14 months old she cried for two hours when she saw us.  I was pregnant with Nash. We laughed at first waiting for her to stop then I held her tight and almost started crying with her. I had to remind myself to breathe. Several years later we returned from another trip and Biko had fallen face first down a set of concrete steps at my moms house. I secretly wanted to die when I saw his scars from forehead to chin but I sucked in up and held him tight.. he was proud that he had survived.. I secretly wanted to die.  Breathe!!!

This year we went on a short but awesome trip to NYC to celebrate Eric's birthday.  We had more fun than a little bit and soaked it up like a sponge.  Those of you who know me realize how much I don't like taking my camera with me on vacation.  I did another post earlier about my baby camera and thus this time was no different.. but I took my baby camera because at the end of the day I always see something I want to record, capture or remember.

We now feel like sponges and are rejuvenated and refreshed. We took it all in and had a ball. For this brief moment in time it was nice to just Breathe!!


 A room with a view!!  I must have taken 100 pictures of this!!


Eric's B-day dinner at Candle 79.. Our new Favorite Restaurant in NYC!!


Eric's non-verbal communication for "Could you put that camera away.. you look like a tourist!"


Where is everyone going?  Love it!


Happy as a pea in a pod... Breathing!!

No comments: